New and Renewal Member and Professional Information
Why Become a Member of SWFSC?
The SWFSC provides opportunities for all participants to reach their own figure skating potential and goals within a safe environment that promotes camaraderie, support and pursuit of excellence using the highest moral and ethical standards.
Benefits of Joining the Southern Wisconsin Figure Skating Club
- Access to over 500 hours of contract ice yearly for the exclusive use of SWFSC members, Associate Members, USFS members of another USFS Member Club or Individual USFS member
- Full member priority for club ice sessions and priority for walk on
- Priority for test sessions
- Discount on the contracted price of the Free Style Contract ice ($2 discount for members, $1 discount for associate members)
- Full members are allowed 2 switches per month of contracted ice to another time if unable to attend the pre-registered time. ($288-$312 value for ice not lost)
- Attend fun social events throughout the year, such as overnight rink lock-in
- Attend seminars presented by the Club for its member skaters, their families, and invited guests
- Post-competition pizza and skating party
- Pool party
- End of year awards banquet
- other social events
- Annual recognition of accomplishments (for all club members) at annual banquet, pins (for home club members) and certificates (for all members) for tests passed are awarded to skaters. Skaters also receive a special award for the year from their coach
- US Figure Skating Full Membership (for home club members)
- Subscription to US Figure Skating Magazine, "Skating"
- Opportunities to represent the SWFSC at USFS tests and competitions
The SWFSC is a 501c3 organization run entirely through volunteer efforts. To help run club functions, all Club members are expected to volunteer their assistance in helping the Club operate efficiently and successfully. The club can't function without you!
Responsibilities of Southern Wisconsin Figure Skating Club Members Include:
- Adult Home Club Skaters (With Junior Members 20 credits/ year
- Adult Home Club Skaters(without junior members) 8 credits/year
- Associate members: 4 credits
- Volunteer credits can be earned in many ways such as
- Ice monitoring
- Helping at public skates
- Helping at competitions
- Donating items for events
- Working at test sessions
- Working behind the scenes, such as maintaining our facebook page or printing contract sheets, planning club functions, i.e. shows and competitions.
- Parents of skaters registered for a test session, are required to volunteer at least 1 credit. This counts towards your club volunteer hours. Food or monetary donation will be accepted in addition but not in substitution.
- Full members must include:
- monitoring once per month, (12 per year)- Counts towards your 20 volunteer credits)
- Helping with public skate (2 per year)
- Helping with competition (2 credits)
- Any other 4 credits of your choice
- Fundraising: To help keep our ice costs low, our club has multiple fundraisers such as our competition, product sales, and various other functions
- A $75 fundraising fee is due by December 31, 2021. Members will have the option to pay this fee upfront when signing up for the 2021/2022 membership year and can subsequently earn credit during the fundraisers to be used for ice time. Ultimately, members can wait until after the fundraisers are completed to pay any remaining balance, which will need to be paid in full by December 31, 2021.
ANNUAL NEW/RENEW MEMBERSHIP YEAR BEGINS MAY 1st!
MEMBERSHIP YEAR IS JULY 1,2021 THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022
Types of Membership
The SWFSC Welcomes You to the 2021-2022 Season. Membership year is from July 30, 2021 through June 30,2022.
Select A Membership Level and Join Today!
Membership: Club membership for families is a two part membership, including the child as the Junior member and the parent as the Senior or Primary member. All members under 18 must have a parent or guardian join and maintain Senior membership. Total yearly membership for one adult and child: $205 (Senior Membership $143 Junior Membership $62).
Senior (Adult) Members: are those 18 years of age or over as of July 1st of the membership year. Senior members have the right to participate in all club activities, the right to vote in Club elections, and the right to serve on the Board of Directors, including, if elected, to hold office. $143
Junior Members: are those primary members under the age of 18 as of July 1st of the membership year. Junior members have the right to participate in all club activities except voting in club elections. Junior membership is $62.00. All Junior Members must have a parent or guardian join and maintain Senior membership in SWFSC. ($143.00 for each parent primary membership.)
If you have never been a Member of USFS, then our introductory membership is for you.
Introductory Members: Persons who have never previously belonged to USFS are eligible for an introductory membership with the SWFSC for their first year of membership to USFS. Introductory members are specified as Junior Introductory or Senior Introductory Members. Junior Introductory Members must have a parent or guardian join as an Introductory Club Member. Introductory memberships include full membership to U.S. Figure Skating. Introductory Members have the right to participate in all club activities except that they may not vote in club elections, serve on the Board of Directors, or hold office in the club. Introductory members hold this membership for one year. The following year introductory members will need to join the Club as full members.
Introductory membership for one adult and child is: $105 (Junior Intro: $32 Parent Primary Intro: $73 each)
If you are already a member of USFS through another USFS Member Club, you may join the SWFSC as an Associate Member.
Associate Members: Associate members may participate in all club activities. They may not vote in club elections or serve on the Board of Directors. All Junior Associate Members must have a parent or guardian join and maintain Senior Associate Membership in the
SWFSC. Total Associate Membership for one adult and child: $100. ( Junior Associate $45 Parent Primary Associate $55)
Large Family Deal! First adult member and two children at regular price, third child is half price, fourth child and on are free. These fees apply to Home and Associate Club membership.
Collegiate Members: are individuals who have just graduated from high school and wish to maintain their membership with the SWFSC. To be eligible for Collegiate membership, the individual must provide proof of enrollment in some form of post-high school educational program. The SWFSC is offering a one time four year membership at a reduced rate for these individuals. Collegiate members have the same privileges as regular Senior/Junior members. $95 for 4 years
Honorary/Life Members: are individuals who have been elected by the Board of Directors in recognition of exemplary service to the club. Honorary Memberships is granted for life. These members are asked to register annually for record keeping purposes. They are exempt from annual dues, but in all respects will be subject to the Bylaws and Rules of the Club and have the rights and privileges of Senior Members of the club.
Professional Coaches Membership Types
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
Primary Professional Members:
are those members of the club who are considered to be ineligible persons under the Eligibility Rules of U.S. Figure Skating. Professional Members may vote in Club Elections and may serve on the Board of Directors, as permitted by USFS and SWFS club rules. Their participation in club activities is greatly appreciated. SWFSC would not be successful without the support of its home club coaches. We wish to reward this commitment by exempting our primary Professional members from U.S. Figure Skating membership fees and club dues.
That is to say, if the professional is the primary coach of three SWFSC home club members, that coach will receive "free" membership to the SWFSC. The Coach must still register with the SWFSC before July 1st. After registering, professional members must complete USFS Coach’s Registration, including annual USFS SafeSport training, background check, and annual Liability Insurance, in order to coach on any of SWFSC ice sessions. If a professional intends to attend test sessions and non-qualifying or qualifying competitions, then the professional is also required to complete the annual PSA Continuing Education requirements (CER), prior to July 1st.
2020 Coach's Fees:
No fee with three or more Home Club Skaters
$45.00 without three or more Home Club Skaters.
Associate Professional Members: are those members of the club who are considered to be ineligible persons
under the Eligibility Rules of U.S. Figure Skating but whose USFS primary membership is with another U.S.
Figure Skating member club. Associate Professional Members may not vote in Club Elections and may not
serve on the Board of Directors. Their participation in club activities is greatly appreciated. SWFSC would
not be successful without the support of its associate club coaches. After registering with the SWFSC, Associate
Professional members must complete the USFS Coach’s Registration, including annual USFS SafeSport training, background check, current liability insurance from either PSA or USFS.
No fee with three home Club Skaters.
$45 without three or more home club skaters
Primary and Associate Professional/ Senior Skater Members: are those members of the club who are eligible
skaters under the Eligibility Rules of U.S. Figure Skating but are also active coaches. Primary Professional/Senior Skater Members may vote in Club Elections and may serve on the Board of Directors as permitted by USFS rules. Associate professional/Senior Skater members may not vote in Club Elections and may not serve on the Board of Directors. Their participation in
club activities is greatly appreciated. Because these members are also active skaters who test and compete, they
are not eligible for the Home Club Coach exemption of fees and must pay for a senior membership.
Coaches who hold Home Club Membership with another USFS Club and who are not associate member coaches of the SWFSC are welcome to teach on SWFSC ice with a payment of $5.00 each day that they teach. They must sign in and pay the ice monitor and show copies of the minimum required credentials: Current USFS membership; Current Liability Insurance; Current Background Check and Current Safe Sport Training.
If you have any questions regarding types of membership, please contact Our Membership Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
To Register Click Here